Tuesday 7 May 2013

Grinding Meat & Making Burgers-N-Fries!

One of the many ways I can serve my family is by helping make family nights extra special by making American food. For family night I either make burgers or pizza while daddy wrestles or plays outside with the kids (or both!). The kids get to take a bubble bath and we watch a family movie together. Then Jeremiah sings, prays, and tucks them in as usual. This blog post is dedicated to encourage you as well as show you the fun process we go through to make hamburgers and french-fries.

Jeremiah goes to the meat market to buy about 5 kilos of meat each month. I use 1/2 of that to make ground beef.

After cutting the meat into cubes and washing it I set up the grinder (that my mother in law brought from Ghana, Thank You, Mom H!). Woops! Power went off here and I had to wait a few hours for it to come back on before I could finish grinding.

When the power came back on I finished grinding, divided the ground meat and put it into bags to freeze for the month...except for the meat I'd use for this family night. Thankfully funds were recently donated for a generator so I won't have to wait for the power to come back on to grind anymore. (This is just one of the MANY ways the generator has been and will be a blessing to us and the ministry.) THANK YOU to all who helped with this project!!!

I soak the veggies in salt/vinegar water and let them drain before cutting them up to put on the burgers.

Homemade french-fries! Buy the potatoes at the market, peel, wash, cut, and fry. :)

Season your meat with desired spices and press into patties. Cook.

Voila! Burgers-N-Fries calls for one happy and holy Hostetter family. :-D
"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." I Peter 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.