Wednesday 31 October 2012

A teaching opportunity for Brittney

God has blessed Jeremiah and I with teaching opportunnities in local schools while we are prayerfully planning to start our own. In our last blog Jeremiah talked about where he was teaching and some of our goals. Now I am going to share with you a little bit about Afro American School where I have been teaching.

These are the Afro American staff and students. Aren't these children precious! :-D


I have an hour to teach a Bible class with them on Wednesday and Thursday.

Just like Bible Club I read Bible stories, teach them songs, play games and have fun arts and crafts for them to do. The teachers circulated and made fun of the pictures the kids drew- mocking is a common method of "teaching" in Cameroon. Rather than correcting the teachers I encouraged the kids as I told them their pictures looked great and all you have to do is try your best. Often an example speaks louder than words.

What's your favorite animal God created? Hannah's is the giraffe!

I home school Hannah and Jonathan so it is especially nice for them to be able to be with other children during this time.


On Fridays I help coach P.E. :) On Tuesdays and Fridays Hannah goes to French class at the same school. Jonathan and I sit in on the class and pick up some basic French too.



I am so thankful that the head mistress said yes to my offer to teach a Bible class at her school. I know that as we spend valuable time planting seeds God will cause growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.