Tuesday 15 May 2012

Lady Prayer Warriors

     Last Friday, I was invited to attend an all night ladies prayer meeting by one of the local congregations. It was a really neat meeting to be a part of. We started at 10 p.m. with songs. "Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord." Ephesians 5:19. These ladies sounded like angels as they sang their local pidgin songs. Each lady took a turn leading a song and when it was my turn I taught them how to sing a Ghanaian song in Twi.
     One of the older women led us in a devotion about making ourselves available for the work of the Lord. She used Anna and Isaiah as examples. After the lesson we each wrote down prayer requests and then exchanged papers to take turns praying for one another.
     Around 2 a.m. I was asked to share a lesson with them. I hadn't prepared but was ready because I always have something working on my heart. Using Scripture I shared with them the power and importance of prayer.
     Around 3:30 a.m. we laid down to rest for a few hours. By 5:30 a.m. we awoke to lift up more prayers and singing as a soothing aroma to the Lord followed by our last devotional by Sister Esther Omam. There were no games, gifts, snacks or prizes like many women's gatherings have but I enjoyed it just as much. It helped encourage me to not let lack of finances keep me from doing something that could edify the saints.
      Two of our main goals in Cameroon is to seek and save the lost as well as encourage and strengthen the congregations already here. Please pray that God will help us reach our goals and that He will be glorified in everything we do.

Serving the King and Loving it,
Brittney


As we were closing -around 6 a.m.- I used my phone to take a picture of some of the lady prayer warriors. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.